Tuesday, May 31, 2005

finally decided to blog

yes, i finally decided to sit and blog.

my good friend, aly, introduced me to this. come to think of it, two years back, she got me into beading, something that has been very therapeutic for me. and six years back, she invited me and my hubby to join a prayer community, which has given us a spiritual direction in life... aly and i have been family friends since my birth. and she's like the big sister i never had. thank you, aly.

my daughter, arianna, a computer wiz at 10 years of age, literally helped me create this blog... she was so excited to help me. and step by step she told me which button to press to join this blogspot. otherwise, i'd get lost!

arianna even helped me think of a name for the website. and here was her list of choices:
GreatestMomEvah
SuperMom / SupahMom
MomIsDaBest
Mom_Rules
Freckled_Mom

my 3 year-old son, roque, had his own ideas too:
MyMommy
MomMelissa
Pretty_Mom

i had always felt that because of my demanding profession, i had never enough time with my kids. or played with them as much as i would have wanted. or showed them as much affection that i have in my heart... being a doctor sometimes zaps my energy and by the time i get home, there's very little left. or worse, i get to "bring home" my patients after work. bonding time has been reduced to few hours before work, preparing them for school or their summer activity, and a few more hours before and after dinner, till my hubby and i tuck them in bed.

going through the choices that my kids suggested for my blog website name gave me a significant insight. i am comforted... i am reassured that i'm not doing so bad after all. i feel i am a work in progress in whatever endeavor i have. it's always a continuous learning experience, especially in this mommy-thing as kids grow up so quickly and i have to rise up to the challenges of this mommy-thing. at least for now, i am reassured i'm doing alright...

thank you again, big sister, aly.



3 Comments:

Blogger mama_aly said...

Awww! Can't imagine being a Sulit without a Zamuco --- our lives are entangled, entwined and twirled. Kinakapatid, godparents to each other's children, practically relatives! Thanks to our parents who treated each other as true brothers and sisters.

Friday, 03 June, 2005  
Blogger barbiegirl said...

welcome to the blogging world! now i don't have to wait for your annual family gazette to know what's up with you :)

Friday, 03 June, 2005  
Blogger sandygirl said...

Yup, welcome to weblogs! I have to agree with mama_aly. Did Eric ever tell you that until 1998 I thought that he was my cousin (rather, cousin's cousin)? For so many years I thought that Ninang Darle was a Nunez, making her Tita Perla's sis. Hehe. It's sort of decades-long case of mistaken identity that would make them both proud ;)

Monday, 06 June, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home