Sunday, April 23, 2006

diamond earring


i am coming as a diamond earring. because i know i am precious in god's eyes. as the diamond is multifaceted, i am a multi-tasker. just like this diamond has a tiny bubble, i am imperfect. these facets in my life are the many roles that i play and the many dreams that i have in this world. all these tug at me and pull me in many directions day to day. are some of them excess baggage, which slow me down in my spiritual life journey? should i in fact give up? will doing so take away my existential ache? will giving up make it all simple and make me focus on my inner core?

i realize that everything that i am now is not from my own doing. indeed, god created me and blessed me with whatever i have. he granted me with opportunities to serve different people in various capacities. he has prepared me and led me to where i am now. nothing is circumstantial. nothing is mine, except the responsibility to persevere and make good of what he has already granted me.

the grace to see through the clutter creates such an impact on me. it is amazingly overhwelming. it allows me to release my baggage of unmet expectations or fear of dreams unfulfilled. it helps me to peacefully live in the situation i am in, to find beauty in the present. it reminds me to trust that a joy-filled future is not entirely in my hands.

i come out still as a diamond earring. still multi-faceted, still imperfect. but now with the light of lights shining on it. a diamond is nothing in darkness. a diamond needs light for it to sparkle. even with its imperfections, its many facets could possibly multiply this light a hundred-fold, casting its glow serenely on others.

thank you dear god, my light of lights, for confirming that i can do all things with you who strengthen me.

3 Comments:

Blogger mama_aly said...

I came as a lamp, usefull in the darkness only with God's light.

Monday, 24 April, 2006  
Blogger freckle-face said...

the light from a lamp could make a diamond sparkle. more than one facet had reflected back because of it. and most importantly, thank you for ushering me near my light of lights. thanks, sister!

Wednesday, 26 April, 2006  
Blogger mama_aly said...

Awwwww.

You are such a willing spirit. Your light shines forth to me and others a hundredfold.

Wednesday, 26 April, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home