Sunday, January 22, 2006

the big 7-0

my dad turned the big 7-0 today. for me, each new year is a milestone but the big 7-0 is of course bigger than the other milestones. we decided to give him a simple party with close family and friends. it was never like him to want to have a party for himself. but of course the party was so we could honor him in front of people who are dear to us. besides, seventy years is way long overdue.

thank you, dad...

for your wisdom, when i asked you if i could marry janice, you said "just do it"... for telling us we remind you that jesus loves you----------eric

for teaching me (in not so many words), to excel in all things... and for marrying mom who nags me to do so----------randy

for allowing me to marry my soulmate, who is a lot like you... for the selfless caring that we witness between you and mom... and for your wisdom unspoken which i hear loud and clear----------melissa

for 42 years of bliss, for 3 wonderful kids, for 2 beautiful grandchildren, for one happy family... for making me laugh and being my best friend----------mom

love you, dad.
happy birthday!

2 Comments:

Blogger mama_aly said...

Thanks, Tito Jimmy for being head of our favorite family!

- The Sulits & Placinos

Tuesday, 24 January, 2006  
Blogger nitz said...

Happy 70th birthday to Compadre Jimmy!More blessings and bounty!

Sincerely,
Nenita Mercado

Monday, 30 January, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home