Saturday, September 30, 2006

milenyo

i did not feel typhoon milenyo because i was in the hospital working then. well, that's because the hospital does not close shop even when it's signal #3 or threatening to be signal #4 as in the case of this storm that just passed.

when i got home from work that afternoon, roque, as always, excitedly greets me at the door.
roque: mom, you're home!
me: yes, hi there, hon!
roque: you know, there's no tricity!
me: what?
roque: there's no tricity! there's no tricity, mom!
me: you mean e-lec-tricity.
roque: yes, e-lec-tricity. why there's no tricity, mom?
me: well, because of the storm.
roque: storm?
me: yes, the storm destroyed the lines that carry the electricity to the different houses.
roque: but why did god bring the storm?
me: uh.... um.... uh.... um.... because god wanted to water all the plants fast?!
roque: (pauses to think) oh, i get it!

gosh, what a silly answer i had. after i told my husband about the conversation we had, he told me quite exasperatedly, "but hon, didn't you see, the storm tore the trees out!"... well, i wasn't ready for the question... sorry...

3 Comments:

Blogger mama_aly said...

cute

Sunday, 01 October, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

my 5-yr old daughter ianin says hindi nya na daw friend yung storm kasi scary. (she might have seen some flying gi sheets).

And we just got power Sunday night around 10:00PM. u guys okay?

Tuesday, 03 October, 2006  
Blogger freckle-face said...

yup, we're ok. lucky, we got power back friday midnight. speaking of flying gi sheets, have a patient now who was hit by one during the storm and unfortunately suffered a spinal cord injury and got paralyzed because of that. not too good but hoping and praying he'll regain his strength...

Tuesday, 03 October, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home